Saturday, August 2, 2008

long wait

okay so I'm glad that I didn't have to wait a really long time for the 4th and final book in the twilight series to come out, but it sure felt like a long month and a half. Carrie hung out all of yesterday afternoon with us, movie watching, shopping for some computer stuff for her, and then going to dinner with us at 1130 after a brief nap only for us to then head to walmart after midnight to get our copy of Breaking Dawn. There was no wait to pick up the book, the dude stocking shelves handed our copies to us right out of the box....but being the picky person I am with my books I went back shortly there after when he had other copies put on the shelves to pick out my own copy that I felt was free of publishing errors. Then we did some quick grocery shopping so I would only have to surface today (saturday) to go to my weight watcher meeting.

Carrie and I sat up until after 530am alternating who was reading which chapter out loud and going pretty much straight, pausing for potty breaks and water, we managed to go through the first six chapters before she had to go get ready for work. Biting the bullet I put the book down and did my ww meeting at 630am (earliest meeting i've been to yet) and managed to get through chapter 7 at the meeting and in the car. Didn't expect me to leave it at home when I may have the opportunity to ready did you?

When I got home I had all intentions of taking a nap. It was after all about a quarter to 8am and I had been up well over 24 hours save for an hour nap around 10pm the night before. But the draw was too strong. I stretched out on the futon with BobKat at my feet and began reading. I read straight through until dave got up at 930 then I let the cats out to go play while the evil truck next door was gone. They were out for about an hour and I didn't move much from the couch save for my position which alternated to keep me from being numb. I did get up and make myself something to eat but that was about the extent of it. I did pause for human moments and then to bring the kitties in an hour later. Save for a few moments of getting up to help dave with something for a game he was playing, I was one with the futon and Breaking Dawn was a temporarily permanent fixture in my hands.

I read the last page shortly before 3pm I believe.... i txt'd it to carrie I think, or was it beth? Cant' remember and my phone is about six feet away and i'm too lazy to pick it up. I just have to say that i flippin' loved the book. It had some hecka great twists to it and now I feel like I can start re-reading the whole series for the third time.... may have to read Breaking Dawn again just so I can get it up to the same number of readings as the others. :) I did sleep until shortly after 7pm... now i'm trying to decide if I want to sleep more or get food. I should probably drink some water considering I haven't really done that much today...

no chores got done and I don't exactly expect them to, however, I may surprise myself. Dave's zonked out again because he didn't sleep until I went to my meeting and then was only out for about three to four hours before he got up himself, so I am not surprised... I may as well go wake him up and figure out if he's hungry, that way if I opt for something from the grocery store I've got his input.

Well that's all.... silly me is going to go figure out the rest of today and we'll see how the rest of the week goes. My main goal this week is to watch my sodium to make sure I'm not retaining the way I have been. I don't know if I'm just more paranoid about it or if I'm really getting more sensitive to it, but it seems like i'm retaining water easier... most likely is the heat... as if I needed the help. :) I did honestly maintain, though my weigh in was 4.2lbs up, i was wearing about 2lbs more clothing adn my dinner that we finished consuming around 1230last night was still in my stomach not to mention my little water retention issue. So Next week I know I'm at least going to have a 4lb loss.... i just want to see more :) so byebye water and then a little extra weight. We'll see when I feel human again ;)

1 comment:

Lee Family said...

You texted me about 2:51 I think it was to tell me that you were finished. I'd read the 1st chapter by then. I might have it done by tomorrow, but I don't know...I should play with the boys some or something. Maybe I'll read after they go to bed tonight.