Sunday, November 9, 2008

Birthday

Well I had a nice quiet birthday. I got a nice workout done at the gym, which I try to do every saturday as soon as they open (Saturday's not the ONLY day I go to the gym, but it's just every saturday I try to go as soon as they open) and then I came home and got ready for my WW meeting. I'm still friends with the last 3-4lbs that I've lost so they keep visiting... i'm not sure how to tell them to go away and that I never want to see them again, but... I'm sure they'll get the hint soon. Meanwhile I keep getting rid of them. After I got back from the meeting I puttered around the house while Dave helped his mom and step dad with some computer issues over the phone. Then we headed out for our birthday date.

We got an awesome coupon from Sizzler for my birthday so we went there (buy one meal get one free). I love their salad bar and so I made sure I got that too, but amazing enough, my appetite has shrank so much that I couldn't finish my whole meal. I was rather depressed actually... I got the steak with the all you could eat shrimp and I usually force eat at least into the first refill of shrimp, but they were so generous with their first serving of shrimp that I couldn't even eat all that... and i hadnt' even ate all my salad or any of my appetizer that I got from the salad bar. I didnt' get to have the soup I like to dip my cheese toast in... as a matter of fact I didn't even touch my cheese toast... well I did touch it to move it to the other side of my plate, but I didnt' eat it... not even a courtacy nibble. My steak I ended up swapping with Dave's. Ever since our last visit to his mom and don a few years ago when he tried this raw beef sushi thingy he's liked his meat medium done rather than very well done... which is a miricle in and of it's self. Well I still don't like my stead that undone so I always get mind medium well... so it has just a hint of pink in the middle. Well I don't know if they got our steaks switched or just put the wrong pokey thingies in it that identifies the level of doneness, but mine was so totally NOT medium well.... and his was not pink enough to be medium... so we swapped it. I hardly touched my mashed potatoes which is another amazement. I typically cut up my steak and then ask for some beef gravy and then mix together the steak, gravy and potatoes and am a happy girl.

Once we were done with our dinners we went to Old Navy and Dave bought me a couple new pairs of sweat pants and some new shirts. Then we went to walmart and we got a couple movies and a new video game (Indiana Jones Lego) for the playstation. We also picked up some stuff for me to knit/crochet a baby something for our friend Kristina who is expecting her first baby in a few months. Sorry Kris, almost told you what your present was :)

After walmart we went to Cold Stone Creamery. Dave was going to get me an icecream cake... best of both worlds... however, after looking at size and price and me thinking how much of that I would eat at one go....we opted for single servings of the icecream mixed. I had my favorite seasonal icecream there (pumpkin) and then they have an amazingly wonderful NEW seasonal flavor... Gingersnap! They were kind enough to tell me I can mix two icecreams together so I did. I had pumpkin/gingersnap mixed with carmel and gramcracker. I told dave on the drive home that I didn't know how many points I was eating and I sure as heck didn't want to. Needless to say I didn't count anything yesterday. The rest of the week I will be a good little pointcounting girl and make sure I get to the gym at least three times before saturday and we'll see how I do.

Well I'd better go get ready for church. I've got a few more things to take care of and want to make sure everything is good to go so we don't have too many delays. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthday, Sarah, Dear!
Happy days will come to you all year!
If I had a wish, then it would be:
A happy, happy birthday to you from me!! :D

Sounds like you had a good birthday! I hope you did, and sorry I'm getting the message to you so late! Love you tons!

Hirsche Family said...

Did you get the voicemail I left? Sounds like you had a good birthday. Though you did make me very hungry describing your meal and your ice cream. I love Sizzler's salad bar, but we don't go there because Scott has had some bad experiences with some of their other food.

Lee Family said...

Did you get my text message birthday wish? You should get your card (& a knitting pattern) in the mail tomorrow or Wed. (since Tuesday is a holiday). Your actual bday present will be with your Christmas present.
Glad you had a good day - and that ice cream sounds delicious. My seasonal favorite is peppermint :)

Roxcy said...

Happy Birthday! I know I am way late. I didn't realize you had a blog until today. I am kind of slow.