Sunday, May 31, 2009

Forever and A day

yeah it's been awhile. Things have been busy... but on the upside, I've lost about 25lbs since Carrie's wedding in April. I'm up way to late now... so this'll be short. Kitties are as furry as ever and shedding. I have a great audio clip of Sam "protecting" us from our "friendly" raccoon that visits almost every night. I think it's too big to post on here but you can hear him thunking into the patio door when he decided to charge the intruder.

Wednesday Dave's dad came to visit and he was on his way to go fishing so he had his dog Raider with him. So we put Raider in our back yard... there wasn't a single cat that wasn't poofy but they didn't know what to do, so they sat at a distance poofed and only Savannah relaxed enough to take a nap.

I start summer school next week and then the week after that I think is when I head out for girlscamp again. I'm the archery instructor and have lots to figure out (like how to hit a bulls eye). I was the assistant last year and the two years before that I just hung out down there the whole week during free time chatting with Bro. Palmer from our ward. He couldn't make it this year so I got the honor of being in charge.... well... I think that about sums it up... Oh yeah.. summer school. I'm going back for a 2nd B.A.... not sure if it's going to be in Chemistry or Biology... depends on what I plan to specialize in afterward... We're still trying to figure that out but we've got LOADS of time to decide where I'm going to go from there. Anywya... precalc this summer... cacl1 in fall... my worst nightmares come true... i must be insane... BUT... on the new lifestyle Dave and I are venturing into at least I'll be healthy....

oh yeah that's probably important too... the trigger of my 3-5lb a week loss.... aside from the new meds the dr has me on... she has advised me that with my insulin resistance I cannot afford to eat any form of sugar (save for maybe honey or agave nectar) (sugar in fruits is fine) no processed foods (or as little as possible), no white flours/refined flours/enriched flours etc, and no yeast... so... we've been eating lots of fruits and veggi's andof course no more soda's and absolutely no caffeine... so lots of water, lots of good foods, lots of fish cause it settles easier for me and yeah... :) Well i'm off to bed to get my "nap" before my insanely early morning.

:)

1 comment:

Roxcy said...

Way to go Sarah! I am glad things are going good.