Saturday, December 13, 2008

Throw it all away....

Okay so I've been thinking since last Saturday (i know don't everyone get all excited)... I went to see Twilight (again) with my friend Patricia and her daughter Brittany last saturday and I swung by target to pick up the munchies (sugar breakfast) and I remembered when we saw the movie the first time Patricia wanted m&m's but the regular kind and all they had were the peanut ones. So as I was checking out I grabbed two of the small bags of regular m&m's... you know the ones they keep in the checkout lanes for you to grab on impulse. I know I could finish it off in like five minutes if I wasn't trying to make the bag last, so I figured I'd better grab two for her.

We meet at the theater and she's touched that I remembered what she liked and as I offered her the second bag to share with her daughter she was all "Oh no thank you this one bag is going to be plenty for us to share through the whole movie." That surprised me but when the movie itself was done she STILL Hadn't finished the bag even after sharing with her daughter... we're not talking about the $3 bag you get that fills a bowl... we're talking the little 88cent bags they keep by the packs of gum. That stuck with me... especially after coming home and giving dave the left over candy (the2nd bag of m&m's, gummy bears & worms...chocolate covered almonds) and they were gone within maybe an hour or two? It made me wonder...how the heck do you make one small bag of candy last over two hours between two people!

So this week I kinda watched what I was doing, still didn't drink enough water and a up again, but i didn't touch the gym and didn't get enough sleep but that's normal nowdays. Then yesterday I got a pastry thing at the gas station for breakfast because I was running late. I made sure that pastry lasted me from 4am-8am.... I tore of little bites and then put it about three feet away by my purse on the other side of my desk. It was interesting. Then one of my coworkers brought in this huge like 4layer chocolate cake withchocolate frosting that had chocolate shavings on the side (like from the grocery) and I had a relatively small slice... I don' know if it was even an inch thick at it's thickets.... but it was still 4layers. I ate about half of it... casually over about a half hour... and then... I threw it away....

Yes ... that's right I threw it away... I could have shoved it all down... I was still hungry, but... the point is... it wasn't worth it to me to eat it all... I really just wanted a couple bites... when I realized I'd had what I wanted but it was still there... "Plop" into the garbage... fork and all... then I went into my supervisors office and got two clementines that she'd brought a box of for the team... they were tasty. I didn't eat again until I was leaving walmart... and that... was me munching on a bag of carrots I got instead of the loaf of frenchbread I'd got to go with dinner. Well I did take a small peice of bread because I was running really on empty but normallly I'd be downing most hte loaf on the way home. Anyway I'm running late for my meeting but wanted to post before I forgot and then we'll be running errands and shopping after wards.

:)

No comments: